- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a blender, combine the onions, vinegar and soy sauce; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add the remaining oil in a steady steam.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, spinach and asparagus. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews and cheese. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Warm Asparagus Spinach Salad
"I discovered this recipe a few years ago, and my family loves it. I am not a big asparagus fan, but I love it in this salad."
"My whole family has a hard time eating asparagus plain, but even the children loved this dish."
"loved the combination spinach and pasta. great flavor!"