Warm Asparagus Salad Recipe
The freshness of the asparagus and the smokiness of the bacon makes this warm salad so appetizing. I love to serve this in the spring well the asparagus is fresh.—Marcy Fechtig, Burnt Prairie, Illinois
- 2 cups asparagus pieces
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings and separated
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1. Cook the asparagus until crisp-tender. Drain. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels.
- 2. In same skillet, saute onion in drippings until soft; stir in the vinegar, sugar, parsley and salt. Crumble bacon. Stir in the asparagus, bacon and tomato into skillet. Pour mixture over mixed greens and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 177 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Warm Asparagus Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC