Warm Asparagus-Crab Spread
"When my children entertain, I like to help them with the cooking, and this dip is always a hit," relates Camille Wisniewski from Jackson, New Jersey. "Cashew nuts give this creamy mixture a nice crunch."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus spears, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onions and jalapenos in oil
- until tender. Add the asparagus, crab, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cashews. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Editor’s Note: When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face. Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 213 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium,