- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus spears, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onions and jalapenos in oil until tender. Add the asparagus, crab, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Asparagus-Crab Spread
"I made this for our appetizer on Mother's Day. I loved it, but unfortunately everyone else thought it was just OK. I would make it again, just not for my family."
"This one is always a crowd pleasing appetizer."