Warm Asparagus-Crab Spread Recipe
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus spears, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onions and jalapenos in oil until tender. Add the asparagus, crab, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Asparagus-Crab Spread(2)
Sort By :
I made this for our appetizer on Mother's Day. I loved it, but unfortunately everyone else thought it was just OK. I would make it again, just not for my family.
This one is always a crowd pleasing appetizer.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >