"When my children entertain, I like to help them with the cooking, and this dip is always a hit," relates Camille Wisniewski from Jackson, New Jersey. "Cashew nuts give this creamy mixture a nice crunch."
Featured In: 25 Make-Ahead Appetizer Recipes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus spears, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onions and jalapenos in oil until tender. Add the asparagus, crab, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Warm Asparagus-Crab Spread in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Asparagus-Crab Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review