Warm Apricot Chicken Salad
This colorful salad is topped with marinated sauteed chicken. It's hearty, refreshing and nutritious. Even our kids like the sweet and tangy flavor.Carolyn Popwell, Lacey, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 fresh apricots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, marmalade and soy sauce.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss apricots and orange peel. Place spinach on a serving
- platter or four salad plates; top with apricots. In a skillet, saute
- red pepper and chicken mixture in oil until chicken is no longer
- pink. Remove from heat; stir in salad dressing. Spoon over spinach
- and apricots; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 343 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,