Warm Apricot Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 fresh apricots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, marmalade and soy sauce. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, toss apricots and orange peel. Place spinach on a serving platter or four salad plates; top with apricots. In a skillet, saute red pepper and chicken mixture in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat; stir in salad dressing. Spoon over spinach and apricots; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 343 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Warm Apricot Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.