- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 fresh apricots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, marmalade and soy sauce. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss apricots and orange peel. Place spinach on a serving platter or four salad plates; top with apricots. In a skillet, saute red pepper and chicken mixture in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat; stir in salad dressing. Spoon over spinach and apricots; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Apricot Chicken Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Warm Apricot Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review