Warm Apple Topping
My husband and I love preparing entire meals on the grill, to the surprise and delight of company. We create this unique dessert for my mother, who can't eat most grain products. She was thrilled with the sweet fruit topping spooned over vanilla ice cream.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cut each apple into 16 wedges; place all on an 18-in. square piece of
- heavy-duty foil. Sprinkle with raisins; drizzle with lemon juice.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, salt and
- nutmeg; cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle
- over apples and raisins.
- Fold foil around apple mixture and seal tightly. Grill over indirect
- medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve
- with ice cream. Yield: 3 cups.