Warm Apple Slices
Cherry soda adds fun flavor to these tender apples shared by Helen Turner. The cook from Upland, Indiana prepares the pretty red slices quickly in the microwave. You can serve them as a two-ingredient side dish...or add a dollop of whipped topping and cinnamon for a no-fuss dessert.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (12 ounces) cherry soda
- Whipped topping and ground cinnamon, optional
- Layer apple slices in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Pour
- soda over the apples. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-9 minutes
- or until apples are tender. Serve warm with whipped topping and
- cinnamon if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 64 calories, 0 fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.