Warm Apple-Cranberry Dessert
My family is all about the apple-cranberry flavor combo. I love that on nights when we have this, dessert practically makes itself. —Mary Jones, Williamstown, West Virginia
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 5 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toasted chopped pecans
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine apples, cranberries, 1/4 cup
- brown sugar and lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and
- remaining brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over
- fruit mixture.
- Cook, covered, on high 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve with ice cream and pecans. Yield: 10 servings.