- 2 cups seven-grain hot cereal
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- Place first eight ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Stir in water, juice and syrup.
- Cook, covered, on low until thickened and cereal is tender, 6-7 hours. If desired, top with walnuts. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Warm 'n' Fruity Breakfast Cereal
"This turned out to be much soupier than what is shown in the picture. It may be that a different seven grain cereal or less liquid would work better. My family wasn't overly impressed with the flavor either."
"This stuff tasted gross! :)"
"This looks like it will be really good, but I'm wondering what others think about storing and/or reheating this. Anybody done this? Is it too soggy the second time around? If I get one of those mini-slow cookers would that work with cutting back the ingredients?"
"Seven grain, ten grain, they all will work. Found in the same place as the oatmeal. This is a favorite at our house. You could make it with all oatmeal. No processed cereal, puffs, flakes, buds, etc. will work. You need to find the right stuff to get the right result. We love it."
"Yuck! My oatmeal was mushy but that could have been because I could only find regular oatmeal not the 7 grain. Anyone know where to find it or what brand to look for? I might try it again if I had the right ingredients."
"Can this recipe be reheated it makes a lot and there is only 2 of us."
"This was a fair recipe!"
"I just rated this cereal with 2 stars; however my review shows 5. The recipe was DEFINITELY NOT a 5."