- 2 cups seven-grain cereal
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-7 hours or until cereal and fruit are tender. If desired, top with walnuts. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Warm 'n' Fruity Breakfast Cereal
Sort By :
This turned out to be much soupier than what is shown in the picture. It may be that a different seven grain cereal or less liquid would work better. My family wasn't overly impressed with the flavor either.
This stuff tasted gross! :)
I've done this using "oat groats" that I bought from my bulk food store. I use a slow cooker liner to make clean up easier. It's nice to wake up to an already cooked breakfast. We add a little water and re-heat leftovers in the microwave.
This looks like it will be really good, but I'm wondering what others think about storing and/or reheating this. Anybody done this? Is it too soggy the second time around? If I get one of those mini-slow cookers would that work with cutting back the ingredients?
Seven grain, ten grain, they all will work. Found in the same place as the oatmeal. This is a favorite at our house. You could make it with all oatmeal. No processed cereal, puffs, flakes, buds, etc. will work. You need to find the right stuff to get the right result. We love it.