Walrus Cookie Pops Recipe
These clever cookie pops are almost too cute to eat, but kids won't hesitate for a moment! —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
- 1 package (14 ounces) lavender Wilton candy melts
- 20 Nutter Butter cookies
- 20 Kraft Chocolate Royale marshmallows, halved
- Chocolate jimmies
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 60 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 40 semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- 20 Kraft stacker marshmallows
- 1. In a microwave, melt candy melts; stir until smooth. Twist apart cookies. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into melted coating and place on a cookie half; replace cookie top. Repeat. Place pops on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- 2. Reheat candy melts if necessary; dip a cookie pop in coating and allow excess to drip off. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand. Repeat.
- 3. Flatten chocolate marshmallow halves; insert jimmies for whiskers. Attach to cookies with melted chocolate. For eyes, attach a miniature chocolate chip to each chocolate chip using melted white chips; attach to cookies with melted chocolate.
- 4. Attach remaining miniature chips for noses. For tusks, cut a thin slice from two edges of each stacker marshmallow; attach with melted chocolate. Let stand until set. Yield: 20 cookie pops.
1 cookie pop equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC