Walnut Zucchini Saute
This recipe is special to me because I can get my family to eat their veggies when I make this delicious side.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute zucchini and walnuts in oil and butter in a large skillet until
- zucchini is tender. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir
- for 1 minute. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 111 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.