Walnut Zucchini Muffins Recipe
Shredded zucchini adds moistness to these tender muffins dotted with raisins and chopped walnuts. If you have a surplus of zucchini in summer as most of us do, this is a good way to use some of it. —Harriet Stichter, Milford, Indiana
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and raisins.
Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Zucchini Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC