Walnut Zucchini Muffins
Shredded zucchini adds moistness to these tender muffins dotted with raisins and chopped walnuts. “If you have a surplus of zucchini in summer as most of us do, this is a good way to use some of it,” assures Harriet Stichter of Milford, Indiana.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl,
- whisk the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and raisins.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium,