Walnut Wedges Recipe
When you want to serve something light but fancier than cookies, these dainty treats make a beautiful dessert. With a prepared pie crust, they're easy...yet have a special holiday look— the perfect combination for a busy time of year.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:16-20 servings
- Pastry for a double-crust pie
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. Roll out bottom crust to a 10-1/2-in. circle; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine nuts, sugar, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice; spread over crust. Roll out remaining pastry and place over nuts. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16-20 wedges. Cool completely. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over wedges. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC