When you want to serve something light but fancier than cookies, these dainty treats make a beautiful dessert. With a prepared pie crust, they're easy...yet have a special holiday look— the perfect combination for a busy time of year.
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- Pastry for a double-crust pie
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Roll out bottom crust to a 10-1/2-in. circle; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine nuts, sugar, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice; spread over crust. Roll out remaining pastry and place over nuts. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16-20 wedges. Cool completely. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over wedges. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Wedges in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p38
Reviews for Walnut Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2012
"My neighbor made these and I was the taster,I am so glad,I liked them so much that I am making them today.I would of given it 5 stars but there is always margin for error. So easy to make."