Walnut Wedges Recipe
- Pastry for a double-crust pie
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Roll out bottom crust to a 10-1/2-in. circle; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine nuts, sugar, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice; spread over crust. Roll out remaining pastry and place over nuts. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 16-20 wedges. Cool completely. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over wedges. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Wedges in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p38
Reviews for Walnut Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2012
"My neighbor made these and I was the taster,I am so glad,I liked them so much that I am making them today.I would of given it 5 stars but there is always margin for error. So easy to make."