There's no sweeter way to enjoy the flavor of walnuts than this scrumptious tart.—Patricia Green, Yuba City, California
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg yolks and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended. With lightly floured hands, press dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 12-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Line unpricked shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cream, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Remove foil from pastry shell; pour filling into pastry. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Toffee Tart in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p45
Reviews for Walnut Toffee Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review