Walnut Thumbprints Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- 3. Combine filling ingredients; spoon about 1 teaspoonful into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 211 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Thumbprints
"These are delicious cookies. Everyone loves them!"
"I just made these last night with my family, easy and delicious!!!"
"The receipe was easy to make i used a mini muffin pan and made an indent in them and filled it with the walnut filling . Simply delicious......"
"Love the recipe, but it only made 18 cookies for me and I was able to use the filling for two batches of cookies."
"GOOD WALNUT LOVERS"
"Made this recipe ever since I first saw it in Taste of Home years ago. Love it. Looks great, too. Everyone loves it."
"This has been one of my family cookies and I have made it for a number of years also."