Walnut Thumbprints Recipe
Out of all my cookie recipes, I get the most requests for this one. A friend gave the recipe to me years ago and it's become our family's favorite.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- 3. Combine filling ingredients; spoon about 1 teaspoonful into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 211 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC