Walnut Tassies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Halved candied cherries, optional
- 1. In a bowl, blend butter, cream cheese and flour. Chill. Divide dough into fourths; divide each fourth into 12 small balls. Press each ball into miniature tart or muffin pans. For filling, combine all ingredients except cherries; fill tarts 3/4 full. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is browned and filling set. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. If desired, garnish with candied cherries. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 172 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Walnut Tassies
"P.S. They do make mini papers this size. You can find them in most stores near the baking supplies or your local craft store."
"I haven't made these yet, but try spraying your pan with cooking spray. That's what I will do. I make mini muffins and such, a lot, and never have any trouble with using the spray. They just slide out. Good luck."
"Hi, I'd like to start off by saying I'm not a great cook. I had walnuts and just felt like making something so I picked this.The dough is awesome. It came out just perfect. The filling is good too. I put my walnuts in my coffee grinder so it wouldn't be a choke hazard.Unfortunately, these didn't set right. Next time, I'd use paper cups, but I'm not sure if they make those in the mini-size that this recipe requires. Because of that, getting them out of the pan caused more than half of them to break and spill out. They taste good, but look awful. Nothing like the picture.-- Sarah"