Walnut Tassies Recipe
Dainty and delicious, these nut-filled tarts are an old-fashioned favorite in our family. They make a pretty gift when packaged in a decorated egg carton with colored paper liners in each cup.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Halved candied cherries, optional
- 1. In a bowl, blend butter, cream cheese and flour. Chill. Divide dough into fourths; divide each fourth into 12 small balls. Press each ball into miniature tart or muffin pans. For filling, combine all ingredients except cherries; fill tarts 3/4 full. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is browned and filling set. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. If desired, garnish with candied cherries. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 172 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC