Walnut Tart Recipe
Meet the Cook: The first time my husband tried this, he said there ought to be a law against anything tasting so good! I've served it at picnics and family occasions...and even once at a bridal shower. It's fine either as a dessert or for breakfast. We are the parents of three grown children and grandparents of two. -Rovena Wallace, Trafford, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour just until blended (mixture will be crumbly).
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- 3. Sprinkle nuts over crust. In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and 2 tablespoons of cream. Boil and stir over medium heat for 1 minute longer. Pour over walnuts.
- 4. Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Serve tart at room temperature with whipped cream. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 363 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC