- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour just until blended (mixture will be crumbly).
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle nuts over crust. In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and 2 tablespoons of cream. Boil and stir over medium heat for 1 minute longer. Pour over walnuts.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Serve tart at room temperature with whipped cream. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Walnut Tart
Sort By :
"Made this last year for Christmas, it is delicious, gave the recipe to friends who came in, and to my sister who made it and wow'ed her guests with it. Easy, DELICIOUS, can't say enough, a wonderful addition to any dessert table. The crust is tender, not hard like store bought, can't say enough good things about this recipe."
"did you use black walnuts or englush walnuts?"
"Rovena,I tried your tart two months ago and meant to post and never did. Your husband is absolutely correct!! And there is a law against it....in the Bible it's called gluttony!! lol, and I was guilty once I bit into this delicious dessert! I honestly think i could eat a whole one by myself it's so good. My family gobbled it up with many oooh's and ahhh's. The very next day they requested it again, so I indulged them again. A few weeks later it was my dad's birthday and my DH's bday the next day....guess which dessert they requested? Your tart! And the next month when my brother's bday rolled around, guess which dessert he requested? Again, your tart! And when my brother brought his girlfriend home to meet my parents....again your tart was requested. It has become quite the tradition with my family. I believe it is now my favorite dessert!!! You did a wonderful job. I would love to know how you came about creating it!? Thanks so much for sharing it!!! Stephanie"
"This recipe is easy, delicious and well received. I have made it often with great results and have been always asked for the recipe."