Walnut Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
Cream cheese adds a flavorful twist to this sweet potato dish, and the nuts provide a delightful crunch.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the sweet potatoes, broth, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 488 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 401mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Sweet Potato Bake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC