Walnut Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the sweet potatoes, broth, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 488 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 401mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Sweet Potato Bake
"I cut down on the brown sugar and left out the eggs. It was wonderful and so easy to make."