Walnut Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
Cream cheese adds a flavorful twist to this sweet potato dish, and the nuts provide a delightful crunch.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the sweet potatoes, broth, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 488 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC