- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the sweet potatoes, broth, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Sweet Potato Bake in Country Extra January 2002, p51
Reviews for Walnut Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2013
I cut down on the brown sugar and left out the eggs. It was wonderful and so easy to make.