Toasted walnuts and other flavorful ingredients make this stuffing perfect alongside roasted turkey.—Billie Moss, Walnut Creek, California
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, walnuts, cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper; stir in onion mixture. Beat eggs and broth; add to the bread mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Stuffing in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p45
Reviews for Walnut Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review