Walnut Stuffing Balls
Don't forget the stuffing even though you are not preparing a whole turkey. You will be delighted to know that these perfectly portioned stuffing balls take just minutes to put together and bake.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons beaten Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, saute the onion, celery, green pepper and
- walnuts in butter until vegetables are tender; cool slightly. In a
- small bowl, combine the egg, croutons, broth, salt, pepper and
- vegetable mixture. Shape into six balls. Place on a greased baking
- sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ball equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.