Walnut-Streusel Pumpkin Pie Recipe
I'm a fan of streusel topping, cream cheese desserts and pumpkin pie, so I combined them in one beautiful recipe. — Deborah Paulson, Deer Park, Washington
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, milk, sugars, eggs, flour, salt and spices until blended; transfer to crust.
- 2. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon evenly over pumpkin layer.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the first five topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts; sprinkle over filling. Cover edge with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 50-60 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 5. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Serve within 2 hours or refrigerate, covered, until cold. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC