- alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks
- form. Fold into batter.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with walnut
- mixture. Pour in remaining batter. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor’s Note: For easier removal of cakes, use solid shortening to grease plain and fluted tube pans.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 540 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.