Walnut Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and orange peel; beat until smooth. Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 173 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Walnut Sandwich Cookies
"there's a special taste that make them... not so ordinary. you have to be careful though not to bake the cookies too much, or they will be too crunchy!"
"I had also made the Strawberry Sandwich Cookies but these took the cake! People were amazed and they are so amazingly indulgent!! Definitely a hit - specially right out of the fridge!"