Walnut Romaine Salad Recipe
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the romaine, zucchini, croutons and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic and pepper until smooth. Serve with the salad. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 112 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Romaine Salad
"Delicious and well-balanced! I didn't add the croutons or the zucchini. I substituted pecans for walnuts and added feta cheese. The dressing, I didn't change at all and it was a wonderful complement to the salad itself - not too sweet, not too acidic. Everyone at dinner (friends and family) loved it. Thank you for sharing the recipe!"
"We really liked this!! I, too, used cucumbers instead of zucchini as is our preference. We also put shredded mozzarella cheese on it.......superb!"
"This is excellent!"
"The dressing for this salad is THE best I've ever had!! It's light and tangy and sweet--but not to sweet. A very delightful dressing!"
"This salad is always a hit with friends and family - I use the dressing for all kinds of salads"
"Loved this salad. I made one change; I don't like raw zucchini so I used cucumber instead. Great dressing."