Walnut Romaine Salad Recipe
This salad offers plenty of crunch and a zippy vinegar and oil dressing.—Harriet Stichter, Milford, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the romaine, zucchini, croutons and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic and pepper until smooth. Serve with the salad. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC