- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Set aside 2 tablespoons cake mix. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs, oil, water, sugar and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half into a greased and floured fluted 10-in. tube pan. Combine the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix; sprinkle over batter. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Walnut-Rippled Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I've made this many times, but by a different name (Sock-it-to-Me Cake). The only differences 1/4 sugar, instead of 2 tabls and 1 tsp. vanilla. It also calls for pecans instead of walnuts. Also a glaze of 1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted, and 2 Tablsp. milk when the cake cools. Delish!"
"This is so easy and everyone just loves it."