“I always get compliments whenever I serve it, and there are never any leftovers. The short prep and cooking time is just an added bonus.” -Vera Whisner of Elkton, Maryland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, saute the walnuts, onion, sesame seeds, salt and
- garlic powder in butter until onion is tender and sesame seeds are
- golden brown. Add water and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in
- broccoli and rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5
- minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 320 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.