Walnut Rice Salad
Rice blends with walnuts, onions, chopped apple and a curried lemon dressing in this versatile salad. It could be a main luncheon salad in warm weather or a change-of-pace complement to a poultry or fish dinner any time of year.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Combine the first six ingredients. Combine the juice, honey,
- mayonnaise, garlic, salt and curry powder; gradually whisk in the
- oil. Just before serving, drizzle over rice salad. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 299 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.