“I always get compliments whenever I serve it, and there are never any leftovers. The short prep and cooking time is just an added bonus.” -Vera Whisner of Elkton, Maryland
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, saute the walnuts, onion, sesame seeds, salt and garlic powder in butter until onion is tender and sesame seeds are golden brown. Add water and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in broccoli and rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Rice in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p23
Reviews for Walnut Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2008
"this is really good with instant brown rice. You have to cook it on the stove after it boils for 5 minutes. Great taste."