“I always get compliments whenever I serve it, and there are never any leftovers. The short prep and cooking time is just an added bonus.” -Vera Whisner of Elkton, Maryland
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, saute the walnuts, onion, sesame seeds, salt and garlic powder in butter until onion is tender and sesame seeds are golden brown. Add water and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in broccoli and rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Rice in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p23
Reviews for Walnut Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2008
"this is really good with instant brown rice. You have to cook it on the stove after it boils for 5 minutes. Great taste."