Walnut Raspberry Ribbons Recipe
Bake up these lovely raspberry ribbons the next time you’re looking for a sweet pastry to include on your holiday dessert platter.Jane Ozment, Purcell, Oklahoma
- 4-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, brown sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the butter, water and milk to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened.
- Add eggs and extract; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For filling, combine the raspberries, walnuts, sugar and lemon peel; set aside. In a microwave, melt jam.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18-in. x 8-in. rectangle; spread each with jam and sprinkle with filling. Fold dough in half lengthwise; cut each rectangle into 12 strips. Twist strips at center; place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Ribbons in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p116
Reviews for Walnut Raspberry Ribbons(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >