Walnut Raspberry Muffins Recipe
- 2/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, egg, buttermilk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 201 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Raspberry Muffins
"These are delicious! I added a topping that made them a little sweeter.Topping:1/2 cup white sugar1/3 cup all-purpose flour1/4 cup butter, cubed1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon"
"MMM. These sound delicous. "
"These are delicious! However, I goofed on one ingredient. As I put the pans in the oven I turned around and there sat the buttermilk! Thinking the muffins were ruined I found they were just fine afterall. My husband can't eat just one."
"I will know to double the recipe next time as it didn't make many. They were very good!"
"Excellent recipe; muffins have a nice texture and are very tasty. Muffins could also be served as a cupcake - just drizzle a vanilla icing over them."
"I am from Tigrd, OR despite what it says online (the magazine is right). :-} I've directed some of my friends to see these online and do not want them to miss them because they think this is a different person."