Walnut Raspberry Muffins Recipe
Raspberries are my favorite berry, so this recipe is tops with me. The walnuts give the muffins a nice crunch. You can dress them up by using foil liners instead of paper. —Elisa Lochridge, Beaverton, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min./batch YIELD:18 servings
- 2/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, egg, buttermilk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 201 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC