- 2/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, egg, buttermilk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Walnut Raspberry Muffins
Sort By :
These are delicious! I added a topping that made them a little sweeter.
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
MMM. These sound delicous.
These are delicious! However, I goofed on one ingredient. As I put the pans in the oven I turned around and there sat the buttermilk! Thinking the muffins were ruined I found they were just fine afterall. My husband can't eat just one.
I will know to double the recipe next time as it didn't make many. They were very good!
Excellent recipe; muffins have a nice texture and are very tasty. Muffins could also be served as a cupcake - just drizzle a vanilla icing over them.