This is one of our favorite light desserts. My wife, Betty, and I especially like the combination of orange juice, pineapple and raisins in this recipe.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set
- aside. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and orange
- juice; beat well. Add 1/3 cup of flour mixture; beat until smooth.
- Mix in remaining flour mixture and the pineapple. Stir in raisins
- and walnuts. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at
- 350° for 60-70 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove
- to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 233 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.