THIS RECIPE brings back many warm memories of the important people in my life.
My grandmother always made this pudding for holiday gatherings...my mother served it to us often as we were growing up...and now I make it as a special treat for my family.
-Peggy Foster, La Plata, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups warm milk (120°)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream and additional walnuts, optional
- In a small heavy skillet, combine sugar, flour and baking soda; cook
- and stir over medium heat until light brown. Reduce heat to low;
- gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in nuts. Pour into two serving dishes. Chill. Garnish with
- whipped cream and walnuts if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 590 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.