Walnut Pear Salad
"This nutty salad is absolutely beautiful with mixed greens," suggests Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington. "Pears and apricot nectar add fruity sweetness."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 medium pears, peeled, halved and sliced
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients;
- shake well. Combine the pears and dressing in a large serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, add greens to pear mixture; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 211 calories, 14 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.