- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 medium pears, peeled, halved and sliced
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Combine the pears and dressing in a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, add greens to pear mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Pear Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p18
Reviews for Walnut Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2012
"This was delicious! It was fresh, light tasting and the dressing for it was just right. I added pomegranite seeds for crunch and color plus I topped it with chicken breast. It was great!"