- for topping. Set aside remaining nut mixture for filling.
- In a small bowl, toss pears with lemon juice; set aside. In another
- bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one
- at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually
- add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well
- after each addition.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Top with the reserved nut mixture, pears and remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and reserved topping mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour
- before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 430 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.