Walnut Pastry Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Combine the walnuts, blue cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley and pepper; sprinkle over pastry. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 138 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Walnut Pastry Roll-Ups
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.