Walnut Pastry Roll-Ups
The flaky, nutty texture and hint of blue cheese guarantee that these cute bites will win raves every time. The simple appetizers can be made ahead of time, then baked just before guests arrive.Margaret Minnich, Columbus, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2/3 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Combine the walnuts,
- blue cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley and pepper; sprinkle over pastry.
- Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place
- point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with
- milk; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle
- with remaining parsley. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 138 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.