Walnut Orange Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and orange peel. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the orange juice and brown sugar until dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 356 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Orange Muffins
"Very most and delicious!"
"These were wonderful. They were very moist. I did add more walnuts. My husband loves nuts of any kind.I added this recipe to my favorite muffins."