Walnut Orange Muffins Recipe
From her home in Spearville, Kansas, Pat Habiger shares the recipe for these glazed orange muffins. They're so moist, butter isn't needed. Serve them warm with mugs of coffee or hot apple cider.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and orange peel. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the orange juice and brown sugar until dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 356 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC