- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and orange peel. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice and brown sugar until dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Walnut Orange Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p17
Reviews for Walnut Orange Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
Very most and delicious!
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2010
These were wonderful. They were very moist. I did add more walnuts. My husband loves nuts of any kind.I added this recipe to my favorite muffins.