Walnut Orange Muffins Recipe
From her home in Spearville, Kansas, Pat Habiger shares the recipe for these glazed orange muffins. They're so moist, butter isn't needed. Serve them warm with mugs of coffee or hot apple cider.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and orange peel. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice and brown sugar until dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Walnut Orange Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p17
Reviews for Walnut Orange Muffins(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review