Walnut Oat Pie
More than 20 years ago, we began baking pies in our home for auctions and a local pie delivery route. Now we sell 60 different varieties of pies to supermarkets, restaurants and customers in our retail shop!—Marilyn Hanshaw and Connie Allen, Washington, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour filling
- into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 442 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.