Walnut Oat Brownies Recipe
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat egg substitute and sugars. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 180 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 fat.
Reviews for Walnut Oat Brownies
"wanted to try a new recipe thats a little healthier this one was it! great flavor and texture!! gave it a 5!!"