Walnut Molasses Pie
This pie is a family favorite I frequently prepare for Sunday dinner at my mother's. Somewhat like pecan pie, this treat is scrumptious and nutty with a sweet molasses flavor.—Betty Jones, Collinston, Louisiana
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, molasses and
- vanilla until blended; stir in walnuts. Pour into pastry shell.
- Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; remove foil. Bake 12-17 minutes
- longer or until top of pie is et and crust is golden brown. Cool on
- a wire rack. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 537 calories, 30 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.