Walnut Molasses Pie Recipe
This pie is a family favorite I frequently prepare for Sunday dinner at my mother's. Somewhat like pecan pie, this treat is scrumptious and nutty with a sweet molasses flavor.—Betty Jones, Collinston, Louisiana
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, molasses and vanilla until blended; stir in walnuts. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges with foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; remove foil. Bake 12-17 minutes longer or until top of pie is et and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 537 calories, 30g fat (9g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Molasses Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC