This pie is a family favorite I frequently prepare for Sunday dinner at my mother's. Somewhat like pecan pie, this treat is scrumptious and nutty with a sweet molasses flavor.—Betty Jones, Collinston, Louisiana
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, molasses and vanilla until blended; stir in walnuts. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; remove foil. Bake 12-17 minutes longer or until top of pie is et and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Molasses Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p53
Reviews for Walnut Molasses Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review