Walnut Mincemeat Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually add to eggs. Stir in mincemeat, walnuts and butter; pour into crust.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 440 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Walnut Mincemeat Pie
"Same as review before mine, husband had never tried mincemeat before - but he loved this! It was so rich and Christmassy, mmmm."
"This Pie was delicious, I love mincemeat but husband had never eaten it. He loved it, I think the nuts really add to the pie. Next time I think I will double the nuts because we love nuts. Will definetly make this again."