Walnut Mincemeat Pie Recipe
Meet the Cook: As a cold and tasty finishing touch, my husband and I usually put a dip of ice cream on top of this pie. The recipe's from my mother - each year, I make it for Christmas, and then for my sister-in-law's New Year's party besides. -Laverne Kamp, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually add to eggs. Stir in mincemeat, walnuts and butter; pour into crust.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 440 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC