Walnut Mincemeat Pie
Meet the Cook: As a cold and tasty finishing touch, my husband and I usually put a dip of ice cream on top of this pie. The recipe's from my mother - each year, I make it for Christmas, and then for my sister-in-law's New Year's party besides.
-Laverne Kamp, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large
- bowl, lightly beat eggs. Combine the sugar, flour and salt;
- gradually add to eggs. Stir in mincemeat, walnuts and butter; pour
- into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° bake 35-40
- minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 440 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.