Walnut Mincemeat Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually add to eggs. Stir in mincemeat, walnuts and butter; pour into crust.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 440 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Walnut Mincemeat Pie
"Same as review before mine, husband had never tried mincemeat before - but he loved this! It was so rich and Christmassy, mmmm."
"This Pie was delicious, I love mincemeat but husband had never eaten it. He loved it, I think the nuts really add to the pie. Next time I think I will double the nuts because we love nuts. Will definetly make this again."